Cuomo wants to spend $216M on fancy NYC bridge lights.
State Plans $5M to Build 6 New Artificial Reefs From Old Bridge
New York state plans to use recycled sections of the demolished Tappan Zee Bridge to build six new artificial reefs off Long Island's North Shore.
**But only $3M for five counties along Lake Ontario**
Nearly $3 (2.9M) million in additional relief funding is going to communities in five upstate New York counties along Lake Ontario to help them recover from last year's flooding.
- The largest single award -- $1 million -- went to the Wayne County town of Wolcott.
- The Orleans County towns of Yates and Kendall received $812,450.
- Niagara County received $558,440, including to the town of Porter and village of Wilson.
- The village of Fairhaven in Cayuga County received $400,000.
- The town of Lyme in Jefferson County received $215,468.